View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #874
Delkaetre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
That sounds pretty good, actually. Others can make ingredient suggestions. I just want to make one observation. Sometimes my SO will cook something ... create a new recipe, and I will tell her I really like it, that it's perfect, and I'd like it if she made it that way again. That seems to be when she most thinks she needs to experiment with the formula further, changing it from what I like. And since she's the cook, she has that prerogative. But it's usually not as good after the additional experimenting.

There's something perverse about that.
Well, I still know the easy recipe so that's what I'll make when I'm lazy... but I know that better mixes exist without the use of MSG, and I should like to find out what they are.

Besides... the Gent said my apple pie was great first time I made it, but after playing with the cinnamon/sugar balance he's decided he likes the new version even more. I've discovered how to get the right balance of brandy to cream in truffles, and brandy truffles appear more popular than plain chocolate truffles. So I'm hopeful I can manage something similar with the fajitas, if I can only work out where to begin...

In terms of perversion, though, it's definitely on the menu this evening- I'm going to my local munch for a nice night out with other kinky perverts.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote