View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 08:47 AM   #6
CptSternn

In Ireland, we have a social system where everyone gets something if they need it, forever. Solves this issue. I mean, if your unemployed you get the dole. This is also true in the UK and Australia. You can claim until you die without issue. If you work a job that pays under the national average (what the US might call the 'poverty line') you get a check every week as well that keeps you up with the national average. That way no one is poor. If you have a kid, then they give you more money. No deadbeat dads here as the government foots the bill eitherway. It is rare to find a girl with a child who doesn't have a father activly involved in their life. Even ex's after a breakup will act nice around each other to keep the kid happy - and since money is taken out of the equation, there is never any fuss about funding and there is no cold, poor, hungry children.

Also this eliminates the whole 'opt-out' argument. I mean, would any man really choose not to be a father if they knew it wouldn't cost them any money?

Like I said before, just one of many things that can be accomplished if you spend yer money on people and not bombs.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote