View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #64
VXTip

I only checked page 1 so this stuff might have been mentioned
- buy bulk long zippers on eBay, you can get them cheap, cut them into even more (nonfunctioning) sections and spruce up your clothing just sewing them on

- buy bulk studs of various styles and eyelets are great too, put'em on anything

- buy interesting fabrics, leather or pleather and cur strips and sew them into straps, sew the straps however, adding eyelets/studs to the straps is easy

- go to hardware store, buy light chains and use metal-shears to cut them to various lengths and use heavy sewing thread to attach. (Some chain types really snag)

- paint (duh), just have fun and paint a band name across your leg or for instance; if you wear black jeans cut a square of white/muslin fabric and paint a band name, symbol, or your own design, then hand sew it on.

- stencils (poor mans screen printing) draw up designs, anything, I've done simple stereotyped stuff like nuclear and biohazard symbols, band names, spider webs, anything. Use a marker to make simple designs and remember what you mark your cutting away. I use spray adhesive and plastic divider sheets to laminate the stencils to prevent the cardstock from ripping. Use a sponge or paint brush to apply, it takes some practice, thicker paint is better. If you wash your clothes you'll want to heat set the ink/paint with an iron. If you don't it will fade over time.

- wearing excessive amounts of chains, black cord, small crosses - just take a trip to hobby lobby or joanns and check out the jewelry section, make your own stuff

- lastly, random fabric, particularly tool or stretchy fishnet material draped or stretched across pants or shirts can make an outfit more interesting or ragged looking.

Hope this helps, have fun with it, over time as you add stuff and customize boring t-shirts abd jeand jeans start to really come alive
VXTip is offline   Reply With Quote