View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 11:04 PM   #9
sdlm

wow, this is a nice idea for a topic.... well, I was just thinking of a sisters of mercy song "more" and how it says "i don't understand why you've got to be so undemanding" and I was thining that that really explains my problems with where I live. Everyone complains how bad things are but, never think how good things could be...I think this sums up most of soceity though; everyones is always saying capitalism is the root of all evil yet, they critize everything not capitalist as evil, much less to try and change capitalism. this brings me to a realization. a person can change. People cannot, they will always be afraid of change in any degree. heh, I don't own a tv and over the past few years, everytime I've watched one it is always the same. and absolutly nothing has effected me, yeah that sniper shot that person at michels crafts when I was at the mall, and later at exxon when I was in school I was less than a mile away both times, but he didn't kill anyone I knew. a british reporter came up to me in mcdonalds and asked me if I was afraid, I was like are you stupid? what are the chances of anything in particular effecting me, there were plenty of people in VA, and maryland and wherever why would I have anything to be afraid of, if I was like that i'd waste my money on the lottery. but, the chances are actully worse, winning the lottery is harded than being sniped randomly. somthing to think about, I suppose. and that brings me back to the point. people got afraid and everyone wanted to ban guns. This is another classic example of giving up freedom for saftey, this is not an example of change in a good way. what is important freedom, or safety, well, call me crazy but an unfree life isn't worth living. people are so undemanding, they just wait for a problem to appear and try to deal with it in the most apparent way possible. they never demand that their life be safe and free that means less laws but, more police to enfore those lessened laws, that means taxs to make the police actually do their job; and people cannot be made to pay, no not pay $ that is the ultimate bad thing having to pay taxes, whatever.... I dunno why I am complaing so much but, I will do somthing about it....