View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 11:57 AM   #57
CommDante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
Ah, CommDante, that's measuring how much a human body is worth. That carries the misconception that a cadaver is of equal financial status as its living equivalent, complete with original thought processes, increased IQs, physical aptitude, personal interaction, etc.

As welcome as your in depth analysis of a rather simplistic and humourous online test is, you failed to account for the entire ideal in the first portion of your argument, maintiang that it's initially geared towards the body.
Too bad you missed the sarcasm of valueing ones worth by looks (body) or social status (the test).
Even worse that most of society rather goes with a nice car and some person, then a person with some car. (Read "car" as in social status).

In other words: If you look like Brat Pitt (or any person considered goodlooking), have more money than you could ever spent by yourself and memorised about everything there is to remember, as long as you can't think for yourself, have your own opinion on things and act on it, one isn't worth much in my eyes.

Quote:
It seems to be geared more around "what brand of social benefit does your continued existence seem to apply to life and the world in general, or what potential does it have for benefitting manking as a whole?" and failing that, it's just a silly little quiz.
Couldn't have said it better myself ... mainly because english is my second language. =P I guess I just felt the need to point it out, not taking in concideration such isn't needed on a board of this kind. Sometimes I just like to point out silly things in extent to pass time. >:-)

Thanks for taking my post seriously though. ^_^
CommDante is offline   Reply With Quote