Thread: Dead Island
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
AshleyO

It plays practically exactly like Fallout but of course the action is in a totally different context and the zombies fight totally different as opposed to what you fight in Fallout. It's actually a good idea to try and aim for the head.

The graphics are at least nice to look at. They seem kinda dated, but they're still pretty.

The sound works well for the game. I find myself listening to the incoming heavy breathing of the undead to make sure I'm not getting jumped.

The story is NOT as bad as people are saying. It's a zombie killing game. All the zombie flick tropes are there. I don't know why people are reviewing it so harshly. It's not like we have to expect this to be some kind of intellectual titan.

It has elements of Diablo in it... or at least Borderlands I guess. I like the weapon upgrading and crafting parts of the game.

This is one of those games that can keep you thoroughly engaged and interested long enough until more superior titles comes out such as Arkham City and Skyrim. But it also has staying power. While it wont be my immediate go to game for the holidays, it's not a game I'm going to easily walk away from and forget. It makes you want to play it several times.

It's a good game. But not a great game.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote