View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #36
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Yep I've heard of that underground hotel and it has been in my mind for awhile as a place to check out. Also we have a now inactive gnetter who djs at a club over there.

Australia is one of my top countries to visit up there with Colombia, Germany, UK, Spain, this one lovely monestary off the coast of france, Italy, Vatican City, and maybe iceland(thanks to CCP games). So yeah pat yourselves on the back. Only downside is I hear Australia is filled with criminals... though my source is a few centuries out of date.
teehee

Well we can go visit a monastry over in WA -can't remember the name of the town but it's awesome.

Oh you should do that walking pilgrimage in Spain... forget the name of it but a GF did it a few years ago, said it was brilliant.

And for the record (if you are a history buff).. Sydney, Perth and Melbourne, were settled by convicts. The worst of those convicts were sent to settle Brisbane, and Tasmania (port Arthur).

South Australia was a free settlement, no convicts in that state, which is why South Australian's speak with the Queen's english and have a different way of pronoucing things that those in NSW.

I've only been to England/Scotland/Wales, Hong Kong, and Singapore. A quick stopover in the UAE and that's it. I find it hard to leave Oz - it's such a beautiful country.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote