View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 03:00 PM   #45
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeleton Jelly View Post
I started playing it a few days ago and was considering starting my character over. I was wondering if anyone could help me with my character's build? My current character's build is:

Level 8
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
4 6 5 6 8 8 6

I took the Small Frame and Wild Wasteland traits. Current Perks; Intense Training (3), Toughness. Pretty sure that was it... Is this good/bad? Salvageable? o_o I haven't run into any real issues so far, I'm just worried later on I might.
I'd be happy to tell you my philosophy, but only under the condition that you remember it's your post-apocalyptic bad ass, not mine.

Something I would like to bring to your attention is that sometimes attributes are less desirable, and I can see you've gone attribute heavy in your perks. For example, perception, as far as I know, only determines compass range. Do you really need all those red ticks marks from just a little further by having it at 6? I think the most desirable attributes, based solely on the raw bonuses they give, are strength, endurance, intelligence, agility, and sometimes charisma. Also, it's important to know what is available to you once you start the game, but that's really whether or not you want to spoil it for yourself. Sometimes, there are alternate ways to permanently raise an attribute to high levels without even touching it in character creation or with intense training. It takes a lot of consideration, though, because I may not want to raise a certain attribute, but I may want a perk that requires it.

Concerning perks in general, personally, I like to go for the ones that either I can make use of often, or give me something completely outside of my normal ability. I favor perks like Comprehension and Educated coupled with a high intelligence because I find it very frustrating to not be able to do everything by the time I reach the level cap. Some other favorites are Strong Back, Toughness, Black Widow/Lady Killer, Cherchez La Femme/Confirmed Bachelor, Long Haul, Piercing Strike, as examples. Concerning this, however, I would highly recommend you stay away from things such as Swift Learner or Here and Now. They're wasting your perk on something you get eventually, anyway.

As far as skills, that's really a personal choice. I think they are a lot more well rounded and useful this time around. My problem is that I like to do everything very early.

Anyway, that's just my take on it. I hope it helps you whether you want to reroll or not. But I guess that really depends on if you can ignore a nagging voice in the back of your head.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote