Thread: Adoption
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 07:58 AM   #17
carakitty

I was thinking about Gollum for his new name. =) But Gollum has blue eyes and this kitty's eyes are a goldish green. I don't know if that would make a difference. I know it's probably just from his wrinkles but I think he often looks grumpy. And I haven't heard him purr yet.

If I get him, Saya, and send you his measurements would you want to knit him something for me? =)

The thing that effects allergies isn't always the fur, it's usually the dander, which is produced from the saliva of self-grooming. So sometimes a Sphynx will work well for an allergic person but sometimes not. I've read that the Siberian breed is good for people with allergies too and they are a long haired breed. These aren't guarantees and the best thing for them to do is keep spending time with cats until they find one they can tolerate.

With one of my brothers it was just a case of building up resistance. His girlfriend had a mixed breed short hair and when my brother moved in with her his allergies were horrid but then settled down after a couple months.