View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 09:40 PM   #3070
Saya

Ooooh okay, sorry, usually when someone says something was badly written I start thinking in terms of things like grammar or redundancy or things like that and not necessarily chronological format, you know?

In that case I don't think I can recommend much Atwood, most of her books do that. The only one I can think of that didn't was Moral Disorder, which was an anthology of short stories that were all about different stages in a character's life. It was okay over all, the only story I really loved though was the one where the character is reading to her dying father.

Anyway, just finished Racism Without Racists, should be required reading. Was really shocked to learn how many people aren't okay with interracial marriage, integration or affirmative action.

Reading St. Francis by Nikos Kazantzakis, not sure if I'll finish it, its well written and I like some stuff about it, but Francis's character development is weird. Like he goes straight from worldly rich boy to self-flagellating saint with no in between.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote