View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #143
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Power Girl isn't oversexualized? She's a golden example of Gag Boobs, and there was a huge controversy in 2009 when DC tried to take the whole "ITS SEXUALLY EMPOWERING" explanation for her costume, when it is and always was meant to be cheesecake:
Yeah, I dealt with that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
(a series that was ripe with potential for pandering and sexualization, as has been apparent in the character's previous history)
... and by focusing on that you denied the validity of the rest of my statement.

*sigh*

Okay, I'm done needling you about this. I'm glad you've found some comics in the New 52 that hold some promise for you.

Some people have taken the approach that DC has made this change and there's nothing to be done for it but roll with the changes and make the best of it. Others have said that DC did this massive injustice to the ongoing continuity of some beloved characters, in some cases bringing intriguing story lines to a screeching halt, all in the name of chasing more money ... and one way to protest is by denying them that money. I'm in that faction, and I'm voting with my wallet. There are plenty of other great reads out there.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote