Thread: Your Style
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 12:47 PM   #280
kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
I'm in this really weird transition period right now. I really like grungy ripped jeans with a fishnet shirt and a band t-shirt with the sleeves torn off, but I just got my first real grownup job, and that's just not permissable. The problem is, I don't really have anything pretty and spooky that's work appropriate... All of my work appropriate gear is sweaters and things that were gifts from well-meaning relatives. It feels weird and awkward to spend 40 hours a week wearing clothing that I wouldn't pick out for myself. However, I got the job so I could pay rent on my first-ever apartment, and I just can't afford to buy new clothes right now. Luckily, since I can't buy anything just yet, I have time to plan out what, exactly, I'm looking to purchase. I'm thinking of looking for long black or dark red sweaters, specifically. I guess I could look at cowl necks... I love the way they drape, particularly when accented with several necklaces. It's getting cold, though, and I don't think a long-sleeved cowl would look all that great.
the corperate goth thing is great! you should look for pinstripes. a great thing to wear to work is like black pants, a corset with a Cardigan overtop and some pretty victorian Jewlery. with a pair of matching slingbacks or somthing. you can shop pretty much anywhere they sell black to find corprate goth, lol.