View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:14 AM   #8
Godslayer Jillian

Ok, first of all, there are a couple of other threads like this. I think they will help you. Second; this site http://blood-dance.net/goth/grant.html gives avery good definition of us, I think. But, anyway, I'll answer to yourr questions seriously.

Q1. Would you describe yourself as a Goth? I would describe myself as a goth, but I don't like saying it, because it sounds "hey, look at me, I'm goth, so I'm better than you"

Q2. Why? What does Goth mean to you? goth is a subculture centered in literature and, well, culture. Anyone with imagination and intelligence (and an open mind) can be one

Q3. How do you like to dress during the day and at night? I dress the same in both times. I tend to overdress

Q4. Are you trying to convey a message with the way you dress? If yes, what is it? I just like individualism, so I don't like a simple Tshirt and some pants

Q5. Has your view of what a Goth is changed over the time you’ve been involved in the subculture? once. I never met a "goth" which was worth talking to because they didn't know anything about politics, and one even though the Anarchy sign meant "Antichrist" so I got dissapointed and began to be my own style: the "Yin". It was not until I joined here that I found real literate gothics.

Q6. What sort of music do you listen to and what do you like about it? I like gothic music, mainly because it's very light, but pretty. I love Lacrimosa because it almost looks like an orchestra. I also love Bretchian Punk Cabaret (you know who am I talking about) and classical music of course (it's so profound). Last, but not least, I love improvised jazz.

Q7. What do you like to do in your spare time? I do what I want to do or what I find to do

Q8. How interested are you in art and literature? Literature is the only form of art I can reach, but what I write is obvviously far from being art. And what do I think about art? A life not dedicated to Love, must be dedicated to Art, or is just a wasted life

Q9. What ideals do you think you share with other Goths, if any? just be the most cultured you can. And if someone thinks Greenday is gothic, you're in the wrong site

Q10. Would it bother you if Goth went mainstream and became a fashion trend? Why? Most definitely!!! If gothdom becomes mainstream, that means everyone will only be interested in the style. The essence of Goth itself cannot be mainstream because that would mean the world would finally be filled with smart, creative people.

Q11. Is there a difference between younger Goths (12 – 17) and older Goths (18+)? If yes, what is it? Probably only the tastes. Besides that, there are always the same differences between old people nd young people.

Q12. Which, if either, do you think is more important in your subculture and why: style (what you wear and how you look) or content (what you know and how you feel)?
Content. We may have a recognizable taste for the black and the Victorian, but style has nothing to do with being goth

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.