View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #15
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
And if your ancestors were black and slaves, good luck because the slavers weren't nice enough to record where they were from.
Well you can at least figure out the region they were from based on the slavers themselves, since they at least kept records of where they bought them from. The slavers most people think about today, were no more than merchants transporting(highly unethical) products from the supplier to where they were in demand, middle men.

The African slave trade like the numerous slave trades throughout the ages, was built on capturing enemies during wars, and exporting them to provide further funding for the war effort. Wars are built on the loot acquired during them. Modern wars If anything, are a lot less profitable than they used to be, and that's saying something since our modern wars are worth billions.

That combined with the poor record keeping of the African peoples(I think they kept an oral history), meant that, I doubt families in Africa today have any idea if any of their ancestors were exported as slaves.

Btw with that in mind, if anyone passes through Milwaukee and wants to hear more about that, look up the black Holocaust museum here, founded by a man who survived his own lynching(his friends didn't unfortunately), back when lynchings were a thing.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote