View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #155
AshleyO

http://www.reddit.com/r/TrueReddit/c...ite_privilege/

Kinda salient, really. A lot of people here aren't even condemning a white person for their privilege. It's almost as if they understand that it's not something that can really be done away with at all. Best you and I or anyone of the white and male station is to recognize it and keep it in check. Frankly, that bothers me because I wish privilege wasn't something that existed. But these are the cards we are dealt. So the fight isn't the same for us.

I may be off my mark, but I guess it's like we're practically grafted to the tools of the master. Obviously self mutilation isn't a reasonable compromise, so we're simply going to have to make sure the tools are used in a considerate kind of way or not used at all for that matter. I don't want the privilege myself. But it doesn't divorce you and I from it simply because we understand how ugly the privilege is. It's something we've got to deal with.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote