Thread: So tired...
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 03:27 AM   #5
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Well that is a pretty fucked up history, no wonder you're having problems keeping it all together. Have you tried therapy? Cuz that is an awful lot of shit to deal with on your own.
Most therapists are shit. And I've learnt quite a few techniques over the years to dealing with it.

Mindfulness, EMDR, meditation - that sort of stuff helps, but to be perfectly honest, I'm kinda tired of patching myself up and getting back on the horse (that is life), only to find that the fucking horse is really limber and can kick me in the teeth again.

I'm waiting to see a therapist my GP recommended, but I'm not holding out much hope that she'll be any different. But in all honesty, I'm probably better off getting drunk, or going bungee jumping or something like that to snap me out of this pity party I'm in.

Oh fuck it... I know I'll haul my ass out of this ravine, because I'll get sick of sitting at the bottom of it. I'll find some dumbass shit (like the blue sky or a lizard) to fall in love with, and I'll be out the otherside but at the moment wallowing in self pity and fuckedupness is suiting me just fine.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote