View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #137
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Tokens of what? It says in the opening statement that one of the reasons they exist is because they need a space within the community to feel safe. Which implies that there wasn't one previously. Including Occupy Oakland.

But I could be misinterpreting or seeing what I want to see.. Stern says that I do that.
You're ignoring the very next bit where it says these problems are structural and systemic, and the bit before it where they say that capitalist society is based on racist, white supremacist, patriarchal order.

It's like this:

1) Capitalism is Deadman

2) I argue against deadman, but I am also a white man and argue in a way that a white man would argue

3) Saya comes in and makes arguments against Deadman that a woman would make, and also points out that the way I'm arguing against Deadman sometimes makes her feel marginalized, and maybe I shouldn't call Deadman a "pussy".

4) You come in and see that part of Saya's post and decide I'm a son of a bitch because Saya made a legitimate complaint, and you abstain from telling Deadman what a fat pile of fail he is because you don't want to be associated with Despanan.

Got it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote