View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
No. I pasted and posted that from a notepad on my phone and it added them for some reason.

Yeah. I don't even care that much that it's dishonest, though It's too common. What bothers me is that it was marketed like it would be honest. They made a specific point to show that he was a veteran before his family died and he joined Black Watch. They made it seem like it was relevant in all the advertisements and previews, and I feel used because of it. I was really excited to play a game about a veteran.

Honestly, I think the only game that I've liked in that regard was the remake of Bionic Commando.
You know what would be cool? If a videogame company actually did something like prototype but consulted actual veterans about the story to see if it all rings true (this of course would be for the veterans who are willing to share those experiences and help guide the narrative of the story).

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote