View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #4022
MrStanley

Last movie I watched was this:

I was curious to see it mainly because of being the first solo film by Marc Caro who is probably best known for his collaborations with Jean Pierre Jeunet (Delicatessen, City of Lost Children, Amelie). I really enjoyed it, but I don't think it will be for everyone. It's a very deliberately paced, intensely philosophical sci-fi movie with a lot of vague, unsolved stuff at the end that is open to a lot of interpretation. It's basically about a small mental asylum in space where the handful of patients are being psychologically experimented on by a group of doctors who plan on altering their DNA with nanomachines. Inexplicably, a new patient is added to their ranks who never speaks and seems to have the ability to "cure" the other patients by eating some form of invisible energy creature that is causing their problems. Sound weird or confusing? It kind of is. And I sort of like that there isn't much more explanation beyond that.
Anyway...I recommend it if you like unusual sci-fi. It's French with English subtitles on DVD, so if you absolutely can't stand foreign movies, then I guess avoid it.
MrStanley is offline   Reply With Quote