View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 10:16 PM   #49
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
I love how you put up a quote from some article, then post a link to something entirely different.

Actually, the Iraqi oil industry is suffering right now. Why? It's in debt still to several Gulf states and to Russia and it took a major hit because of the war (just as our analysts calculated). If it ever stabalizes and focuses on hardcore exports, we can possibly hope for a dollar, maybe two, to be skimmed off each barrel. However, since Iraqi oil prices are controled by OPEC, that probably ain't gonna happen. Guess who gets most of Iraq's exported oil? Not the US. How about second in line? Nope. Looks like oil-hog countries such as China profited from our war more than we did. Especially since they didn't make the investments we did in "getting to it.".

S'good to know this war was about profit. Err... wait, it'll take at least a century and a half of oil sales at cheap prices coming out of Iraq before we earn back what we put into the Iraq War. Man, it would have been much more profitable to not go to war and to just continue purchasing oil through the UN program. Aw shucks. Well maybe since natural gas is "big business" in Afghanistan, maybe we'll profit there from those mediocre sales (I stress the word 'mediocre'). Ooops, that's right. They produce far less and it'll take just as long before we earn back what we put into that war. Oh well. So much for that theory. Next!!!

hahahahahahaha

Just as I'd stop laughing about one paragraph, I'd start to read the other and lose it again.

AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote