Thread: Psa.
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 09:01 AM   #15
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Also: yeah. Life kicks ass. Mine has gotten steadily more awesome every year since middle school. People constantly bitch about how hard it is to "be an adult" and "Be in the real world", the real world is SO much better than school, even college.

I had a crappy time throughout most of my schooling, but once you break out of that, you realize that hey, you can pretty much do anything so long as you plan and work for it. So yeah, follow your dreams and all that happy horse shit. As corny as it sounds, things have a way of working out if you put yourself out there and you're willing to work and plan for what you want.

The best advice I've ever received is "If you want to do something crazy, do it" climb a mountain, swim the English Channel, join the peace corps, write your novel. The time you spend running around being awesome will feel amazing and do more for you professionally than your college degree.
This I agree with completely!

People spend so much of their lives sitting around just worrying about doing something instead of just doing it. Get out, live your life and enjoy it while it's good.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote