View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 03:22 AM   #103
CptSternn

First, if you want to get into violating UN resolutions, Israel is currently in violation of over 76 when it comes to the Palestianian issue (ie. allowing assassinations, allowing refusal of medical treatment, illegal detentions, torturing family members of suspects,etc). Why don't we take action against them? Because the states always blocks any resolution for sanctions, and pesonally bullies anyone who trys to taek action against israel. So if you want to say 'because of 1 or 2 violations, we had to invade iraq' then you are a hyprocrit as the us has blocked all actions in 76 resolutions against israel.

Second, it amazes me to see people say 'people die in a war' like its no big deal. As a former military serive member, and a person who now works as a private security specailist for hire across the world, I can tell you its not that easy.

If you have never killed a man, then how can you know how it feels? It amazes me how people in the states so flippantly say 'oh people die'. Unless you have held a man in your hands and watched them die, and watched how it affects their family, unless you have explained to a mother that her son is not coming home, explain to a children how their father is gone for good, you really shouldn't say 'oh its a war'.

Plus, we are talking about wives, mothers, small children. Walk into your local mall and look around at the families, and think, if that family you see walking doing their holiday shopping lost one of their children, how would they feel? I'll tell you, the same as any other family in the world. Justifying killing their children because of their religion or skin color is nothing more than hypocrisy.

When a life is taken, it affects many people. Think of the people you know hwo have died, and think about the idea of members of your family or close friends being gunned down in the streets on their way to werk, 'by accident' in 'friendly fire' as some outside country comes to 'bring liverty' to your country. Does that make it ok? You going to forget your mother because hey the former leader of your country wasn't such a nice guy to some other foriegn county?

Slán
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote