View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #201
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
The issue I have with the views you’re expressing here is that you seem to be holding the establishment and the protesters to very different standards. On the subject of protesters using violence, you proclaim that violence is inherently destructive and needs to nipped in the bud. I can understand this view (and used to share it); but then you also dismiss complaints about the use of pepper spray on nonviolent protesters as pussy whining. These two views are incompatible. The only thing they have in common is that both have to ring of Stockholm Syndrome about them: Accept the judgment of the establishment. If you must respond, do it in a polite, orderly fashion that the people you are actually addressing when you protest (because of course, you aren’t marching against the police) can ignore at their leisure.
No. I don't hold them to different standards. I have never said that using pepper spray is right. I ONLY said that the POLICE were not wrong to use it, and consequently, they should not be blamed. I specifically stated that the rules they abide by are what's wrong.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote