View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 03:33 PM   #103
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asurai
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Anything below the mason dixon line is pretty much a lost cause.
Southerners are much more friendly people. Compared to the northern states, southern states give much more money to charities and other good causes. Not per capita; simply more. Whenever there's a disaster of some sort, the entire community gathers together to help out.

If travelling, you can walk up to nearly any house south of the Mason-Dixon Line and ask to use the restroom, and the house owner will invite you in and offer you a cup of coffee.

And really -- would you rather walk down a dark country road in South Carolina or down a dark alley in New York City?
To be fair, NYC isn't as horrible as its reputation. It's not all gun-carrying gang members and serial killers, and I've never seen one, to this day. Just the other day, I was in the park and I fell asleep, for like an hour and a half, dead asleep. Nothing was taken from me, I wasn't *****, I wasn't mugged, I wasn't bothered at all. I've ridden the subways past midnight, and I never once saw anything that gave me any concern.

Also, it's not like the south is *all* country and the north is *all* cities. I grew up in the country/suburbs of New York, lets not forget that the south is home to Miami, Atlanta, etc. Like, I know "southern hospitality" is really prevalent in the south, and that's really nice. I like that about the south. But they also have more hate crimes. Like... it's give and take. They both have pros and cons.

And what Sternn was referring to is hicks. And, come on- there's nobody in the world who's going to argue that the north has more cousin-kissing hicks than the south. Like... seriously. :wink: :lol:

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote