Thread: Ash and Crimson
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
mindless1

Ash and Crimson

Ash and Crimson

My roommate (Derek) read this and liked my writing. I have changed all the names and identities. The story and events are in fact all non-fiction.

There's a part of me not wanting to write this story for the fear that Ash will come out again due to some unGodly invocation. Perhaps he will break that ethereal cage and escape again. I still won't give him the knife. This story will never be told unless I tell it myself, even if it doesn't sound true. And even when I don't know where this story begins for real, if it ends with silence I'll never get it written. So here it is: The story of Ash and Crimson.

Who am I? I'm a woman in her mid twenties who likes to paint and practice violin. I live in a place today dubbed as "the drop out house" in the countryside. I have had a semi quiet life here for the past twelve years. My life before moving to the country would be an entirely different tale. You see, I was a very young girl with a very big mind. Partly why now I'm living an arm's length from my father, and partly why I have sleep deprivation induced Schizophrenia. Acid trips, toking in the college dorms...I was a good girl before they made me believe in schizophrenia. But, I digress.

Recently, I met a set of friends through an alternative freak website, a website that many would be repulsed by immediately. It's where I met my ex boyfriend. I had quit the website for our four month relationship, but then I rejoined it after I broke up with him. Then I met my roommate Derek and his girlfriend. After Derek had lived with me for a week, things were taking an intriguing turn. Our friendship was how I met the ex vampire blood mage who called himself Fenris, and an older man involved in the fetish community nicknamed Teddy, and a variety of intriguing funny people who all got their laughs at how niave I seemed.

There are a lot of interesting people when you actually open your mind up to accepting them. Although Fenris would tell you he is likely the most evil person you will ever meet, he has interesting stories to tell and is wise. He tells me that he's trying every day to be a better person. Still, with his sinister smile hidden behind a shroud of mystery, I await the possbility of tragedy and the truth that may beckon me further into the realm of unknowns.

The story should have began last weekend, after Derek's girlfriend tried to wake up his Alter personality. I won't explain how she accomplished this but after she left to go back to her house, I saw a different side of my new roommate. I saw Ash, who was created to feed off the pain caused. Ash had enjoyed the pain so much that he began to love tormenting humans simply to exist. He told me that when Ash is asleep, Derek is awake. When Derek is asleep, Ash is roaming his mind. Derek never sleeps.

Ash is never coming out again, because after Derek's girlfriend woke him up...everything fell apart.. It's not every day that you let complete stranger live with you in your home. Actually, a ghost told me not to let any strange men into my apartment or something evil would happen. Well, I guess I've been waiting just to figure out which strange man that ghost was talking about. What is this, "Something else"..that something evil that is going to happen the Ghost was talking about?

Well there was Andrew who possibly robbed the bank and drove with me down the country roads talking about his Shitzu, telling me to stare at the power lines before we parked and broke into a house randomly at One AM with his fake Elvis Presley ID card.

Andrew, who I thought i truly loved, and who was albeit strange but not as seemingly dangerous as the man with the split personality. And now that Andrew is laying in a coma from a car accident, I guess that leaves Derek as the strange man I let into my apartment. Derek, who I've been sleeping beside for the past two weeks.

Ash, the alter that was created to deal with the pain Derek endured growing up being shuffled through various foster homes. I invited him move in with me because he had nowhere else to go and because I guess, I thought I'd give the whole thing a chance. So with the agreement that he would pay rent once he got a job, we have lived together for about three weeks.

All that has changed because of a very weird incident Sunday night