View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 05:46 PM   #54
Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsing the Son
You can go ahead and say I'm being racist but black people just don't make good vampires. I don't know why, can't put my finger on it. It simply does not work.
The answer is simple; you have an extremely narrow, Eurocentric view of the myth of vampires. I imagine that, like most Americans, your first exposure to this myth was with a Bram Stoker- or Bela Lugosi-derived vampire and since that time, this has been the only view you have held regarding how this kind of mythological creature is represented.

Never mind that the idea of vampires has appeared in numerous cultures around the world for thousands of years. Never mind that there are modern representations of vampires that put your examples to shame. White Wolf Games, for example, incorporated African American vampires into their vampire mythology quite well, if you care to have a look.

Continue your willful ignorance if you must, but please, don't bore the rest of us with it. Just because you choose not to see, doesn't mean that Black vampires in popular culture that are worthy of respect do not exist.

- Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote