View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 03:22 PM   #2
rockandrose

I'm generally against plastic surgery, if it's purely for beauty reasons.

Naturally, there are physical elements about me that I sometimes am not happy about, but it doesn't affect my self-esteem that much.

There are always side effects to plastic surgery, which you shoud already know. There is always a risk that any surgery could end up being unsuccessful. Can you honestly see a doctor and hear him/her say that the surgery that you are about to take is foolproof or your life is guaranteed?

There have been cases of people dying from surgery of all kinds. Doctors don't have some form of special powers, they are also human beings, who can make mistakes. But, of course, doctors are meant to take work as premisely as possible at all times and should always maintain the safety of their patients. Generally, doctors study their arse off, and are taught the importance of their patient's safety. But, there are always exceptions to surgery gone wrong.

Negligence happens everyday, people die everyday.

I have a great respect for doctors, especially after dating one.

Keep in mind there are always a risk, whether it's big or small, it's still a risk involved when you're under the knife.

Do your research thoroughtly and be absolutely sure that you really want to go under the knife. Know the type of risks you will be taking.