View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
ape descendant

The teen years are such a small part of your life. I know all this stuff seems huge and super real right now, but soon enough you'll be out on your own and hopefully missing the crap out of your folks.

It is a rare thing for parents not to hate their kid's horrible music and fashion sense. My parents sure hated mine to the point of going through my room, confiscating my music and clothes on a regular basis. While I vehemently disagree with their methods, I understand that they weren't acting out of malice, but that they were just worried about their kid being into something that they thought was dark and scary.

When you're together, listen to music you both enjoy. If you want to listen to stuff they hate, you could try putting on some headphones so they don't have to hear it coming out of your room, it is their house after all.

For now, worry about being a good person, study hard and gain understanding. When you get older, these battles will be the most important ones.

Be Kind

Last edited by ape descendant; 08-03-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: parental redundancy
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote