View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #23
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexian View Post
@Miss Absynthe:
There's a problem right there. If I label myself "Goth," then I run the risk of being called a "poseur," regardless of the fact that I like Gothic rock, fashion, philosophy, personality, lifestyle, and aesthetics. To some, such things will never be enough. For example, I will admit that I have never been to a Gothic club. To some, that's a Gothic faux pas.

Indeed, no matter how "GAF" someone actually is, he or she will probably be labeled a poseur by someone else in the scene.

The other problem is that if I don't label myself as a Goth, then I will likely be seen as an outsider by other Goths, no matter how much I identify with the various aspects of the subculture (music, fashion).
Oh my FSM, if we start arguing about "labels" I am going to rip my hair out by the roots and gnash my teeth. Its only the most stupid and pedantic subject EVAR.

No one here cares if you've ever been to a club, no one cares how much of a "poseur" you may or may not be. No one cares how old you are. No one cares.

Just take a deep breath and relax.

Also, I want a pony.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote