View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #65
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatosofos View Post
Damn, looks like Iīve found the right place...

This "whoīs a goth and whoīs not" resonates with me a bit because I donīt really feel comfortable calling myself a goth because of my age and because I feel like I donīt "know enough" about goth to call myself one. Both of these points are kind of dumb, I guess.

However, I do not hide my "inner goth" just because I donīt want people to look at me strange, my wardrobe is all black and I have my share of piercings and rings. Not that these things make me a goth but I hope you understand what I mean.

P.S. I donīt want a pony, I want a bat. Well not really, with my luck sheīd just shit all over the place.
First Point: When I was starting to learn more about the Goth thing, I found two sources of immeasurable help: "Gothic Charm School" by Ms. Jillian Venters, and "What is Goth?" by Voltaire. Both are Elder Goths (meaning they are grown adults and have been Goth since their teens), and both are *incredibly* inspiring! Jillian has a website of the same name, and Voltaire has...well, he just has everything! lol

Second Point: If you'd want a bat, and you wear all black and were wearing, say, bat- or skull-inspired accouterments, I'd *definitely* think of you as Goth.