View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 04:28 AM   #4
Fruitbat

I enjoyed reading it BUT then I read things from a "so how did the author craft this story' perspective rather than thinking about it from a character rights perspective.

She's selling the whole fantasy about the rich guy chasing after a girl - and that's all it was and that's all the readers care about. They don't care about all of the points you mentioned above.

And it's more than twilight - twilight was rehashing old ground - think Mr Darcy in Pride and Prejudice - he's billionaire rich and he falls madly in love with Lizy, despite the inappropriateness of the social match.

It's the princess theory all over again.

It's the rich guy, who is totally fucked up, who needs rescuing and she's the one who rescues him, while he gives her all the materialistic things that she never knew she wanted until she met him. - that's the hook, that's what gets woman to read it...

it's the fantasy of the whole idea - that's why twilite was so popular, and that's why this was so popular... because that's the whole "man provides for woman" thing happening.

Oh and the other thing to add to your list is:

But hold on she's independent, and has her own job, but accepts his offer of promoting her into a role she's not really capable of doing, which causes a lot of discent in the organisation and serioulsy the only reason people aren't bagging her is because hubby owns the organization and they fear their jobs will go (and who would want to work like this?)

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote