View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
Catch

Talk about Racism?

Opening a real conversation about racism, I have some questions and what I believe might be solutions to think about. Worried about fallout from the white people who seem to have issues about talking racism here is a poll to decide if it would be okay to have a discussion.

People might wonder why I say, “white people,” targeting white people immediately as the problem. Well I have many friends of a multicultural bias and everyone has interests in hearing about what everyone has to say as long as they “keep it real” and it is sensitive without being overly gossipy because they really want to know. I want to know also.

It is like the time this guy from North-Western Africa was working at the local convenience store. Everyone would stop and help him learn English store traffic was slow. I remember talking to him about Africa, about his experience in the USA and telling a bit about myself.

One day there is a line to the back of the store and everyone is getting frustrated. This white chick was at the front of the line having a long conversation and everyone is trying to get to work. Eventually, she took a hint and told everyone off claiming that we were all racist. Frankly, she was the problem. What left her right mind ignoring the fact that it isn’t the middle of the night or midday when there is hardly anyone around? Even the clerk was apologetic and embarrassed about the long line.