View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 06:36 PM   #183
alshio

I think I’m trying to drive myself insane through many small, annoying and often amusing injuries this week. First of all I bought some new shoes. Their soles are about two centimeters thick, about three times thicker than my old shoes. As I’m not used to lifting my feet up that little bit higher I stumble and trip at random times.

On Tuesday I almost fell down some stairs at UNI (a very funny sight I assure you anytime you see me near stairs there’s a good chance I’ll almost fall down them and make funny noised of shock/surprise). I planted my foot wrong, went forward, twisted my ankle and bruised my underarm from when I grabbed the rail and threw my weight onto it to stop myself. Later I was eating some wedges and managed to burn the roof of my mouth, really badly - it almost blistered. And it’s right where everything hits whenever your eating/drinking anything.

On Thursday I tripped up some stairs at UNI, somehow managed to get my right ear and only my right ear sunburned and I had cramps…

On Friday I kinda twisted the same ankle again at UNI, got a blood blister (I think - it might be a bruise) on the bottom of my left foot due to my shoe inserts going all screwy, smacked my head against some glass on a train then done it again while laughing over my klutziness, and stood on some prickly things in bare feet…

Not to mention another mystery bruise.
In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed – they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo, Brunelleschi, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
- Orson Wells
alshio is offline   Reply With Quote