Thread: Supernatural
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 07:33 AM   #10
Despanan

Raptor:

The way you said that, it sounds like you overheard one of the recaps they do before the show. They play a bunch of out of context clips before each show in case you're just catching the show for the first time, so that you can follow the story.

Anyway:

The Colt is actually one of my favorite bits of the show, it's an antique gun built by Samuel Colt in the 1800's and yeah, it's widely held that it can "kill anything". (Samuel Colt seems to have had a hard-on for monster hunting, as he also used a railroad system to construct a giant demon-trap over a gate to hell)

For instance, you shoot a vampire in the head with it, the vampire dies, even though regularly they can only be killed by decapitation. It was only made with thirteen bullets (six of which were used by the hunter it was constructed for).

Mainly in the show, it's used for killing Demons. As demons have no physical form (they seem to only be black smoke) they posses human bodies. You can kill the human body, but that won't kill the Demon (or make much of a difference, as the Demons can control dead bodies) or you can trap the demon in a devil's trap and perform an exorcism (which will send them back to hell). The problem is, exorcised demons can come back though it usually takes them a while.

In the fifth season, due to the actions of the brothers and a plot by a particular demon, Lucifer breaks out of his cage and begins the apocalypse . He possesses a dude's body (except the body begins to decay because he's so powerful) and at the time was digging up the Angel of Death (freeing the Four Horsemen). Dean ended up capping him in the head with The Colt while he was monologing to Sam, and Lucifer dropped like a stone...then a couple of seconds later got back up and delivered the "three things that gun can't kill" line (I assume the other two are Archangel Michael and God) It was actually a pretty damn good WTF moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote