View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #15
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
I have actually considered leaving the country if it did turn out that I'd have to live through this current flavor of GOP if they won the presidency.

But they're doing shit more or less on a state level it seems. I mean... Santorum is fucked up; it'd be a cold day in Hell before a madman like that got the presidency. What I don't get is how we as a culture aren't spitting on bigots like this. But it's the shit in other states that bug me. Why there are states that want to be a theocracy and are hostile and phobic of science and weary of intellectualism and I actually HAVE to call these people fellow Americans drives me nuts. It's because they ARE under the same federal laws, that I find the issues in Michigan and the south and just about everywhere I find so bothersome. To think these crazy fucks can actually affect the federal level of governanc is creepy.
I think that we've been telling ourselves "It must be like this in other countries, too." Just a little something to rationalize the creeping truth that is becoming harder and harder to ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
But some assholes from other states would probably think they'd have to invade New York due to cultural and political differences.
Or because you're developing nucular weapons.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote