View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 12:01 PM   #2
BourbonBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videogirl88 View Post
For anyone who, like me, wants to rant about work related stuff.

Has anyone else struggled for years to get their career started? I've spent the past three years applying, interviewing, and getting rejected from all sorts of jobs. You don't have the qualifications, experience, or they just found someone better. It makes you feel like you wasted time going to school. Like you're somehow dumber than other people. And that you're going to be stuck unemployed and mooching off others forever. Plus no one wants to date someone without a 'real' job. You just keep asking, why does life suck so much?
Took me about it. I achieved my Associates in two years and could only get hired in retail at first. Hardly anyone wanted to hire me after my military service and schooling. I was just hired as an installer for security systems but only after getting my bachelors last year. Over the past few years I heard it all, my favorite one was, "Thank you for applying, but unfortunately, you're over-qualified."
As if you applied to take their job. It kills me how insecure some people are with their position.

But keep trying Videogirl, you'll start on your career eventually.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote