Thread: Better Music
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 04:37 PM   #17
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinka
Yes, Goth is about the music. Are you kidding? I know some people like to say it's a state of mind and it's about art, etc. But Goth wouldn't be Goth without the music, without the bands that defined a generation. It is about the music first and foremost. Everything else is supplemental.
The hell it is. You notice how there's not a syle of music called "New Romantic', Cinka? That's what goths used to call themselves.... they dropped the name and changed it to goth when that's what somone labeled The Bauhaus' music. So there were obviously goths before there was gothic music, gothic fashion, and even the phrase "goth". The music was created BY THE PEOPLE, the people WERE NOT CREATED BY THE MUSIC. There has to be a person, an audience, an artist before there can be art.

Whatever the hell. I'm tempted to up and leave again...

Hi Mortalitas. I like you (^.^ still do ^.^), but I call myself a goth. If someone asks me, yeah I'm a goth. It's just stupid to scream it from the rooftops because it doesn't matter and no one cares.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote