View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #33
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
As long as we can stop in there on our roadtrip - plus I don't want any snow, because the last time I drove in the snow, I had a tree fall on my car, and trees are really hard to get off a car when your alone to and trying not to scratch the paintwork :-D

Woohoo! Roadtrip! Oh hang on you guys in the US drive on the other side of the road - that's going to freak me right out (bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha)
We have more seasons than winter you know. I'd advise a route starting along Wisconsin's east cost through milwaukee(beer, bratwurst, etc) and past lake winnebago(one of Wisconsin's best cheese factories is there) up to door county for (fish boils, cherries),then to the center of the state to Madison(extremely dense level of ethnic food varieties, studio Taliesin), north from there , stop by lake Wisconsin(culver's hq, the blue spoon), devils lake, and then to the Dells(cow pies, waterpark capital of america), stop by colby(home of colby cheese), go to Sparta to use their beautiful bike trail and burn off all that fat(**read details below) then head up to the apostle islands and hang out at Madeline island for a bit and then from there head over to Minneapolis(maybe stop by neil gaiman's house.

Also stop at culvers somewhere(they're all over the state), as well as see many of the Frank Lloyd Wright buildings here, maybe check out the weird wisconsin locations, have an orgy in this one hotel with a room that has coffin beds, and another room with a medieval torture rack bed, as well as a few unmentioned restaurants.

**the Sparta bike trail is a beautiful trail that runs along a path formerly occupied by train tracks, as such you will be riding along a level path that takes you through old train tunnels(dark, cave like with water streaming down the wall, flashlight advised), between tree covered hills with the occasional stream, through the middle of an area that was formerly farmland and still has farm animals raised there. As an added bonus there are refreshments at several stops along the trail including at the start, and also in a town with lovely old fashioned shops.

On top of that it should be noted that the odds of coming across a town without a bar is extremely unlikely. We have far more bars than churches, and we are a very Catholic State. In some cases there are bars next to churches. Hell Milwaukee has a one mile stretch of road with bars completely lining both sides of the street, and also an absinthe bar/goth/industrial club.

As a final note, we love history here in Wisconsin, we have a renaissance fair, as well as civil war reenactments all over the place, and tons of shops with Victorian era clothing(many of which also sell their wares at the civil war reenactments).

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote