View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 12:59 AM   #14
blackwater1110

People did answer the question. They said things like, "I listen to it," or, "My friends do." Generally speaking, you'll find more fans of this music on this forum than in general society. There are myriad reasons why chick don't listen to hard rock as much as guys: they have never been exposed to it, they don't like it, it's too aggressive for them, whatever.

What you should do is hang out in areas where you will meet the kind of girl you're looking for. Do you guys have rock bars over there? It's basically a bar where they play some kind of rock. Go with your friends there if you do, your chances of meeting someone who shares your taste will be exponentially greater. If you live somewhere that has no 'scene' for what you want in a woman, let alone in a good night out, then you would have to move somewhere that does, or you won't have an opportunity to meet your 'type.'

I very much doubt that her liking the same music would be a "decisive factor" in a relationship. There are many other things that come waaaaay before musical tastes that matter in making a relationship last, one of which is simple experience. Toward that end, you should probably drop the music thing for a bit and get used to a) talking with women in bars, clubs, and bookstores, and b) try any kind of relationship with a woman. Not with the goal of getting yourself laid, mind you, but in gaining experience with our lovely female counterparts. That way, when you do meet a girl you like who also happens to like your music, you'll be much more likely to be able to meet her and have a relationship with her, since you'll have gotten all of the million-and-one stupid things guys do trained out of your system. And you'll probably have so much fun along the way that your musical tastes, while still being important to you, won't be as relevant or seem so important as they did before in relation to your (potential) girlfriend.
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote