View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 12:40 PM   #30
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
Well, the people who like a strong economy are freaking out too.
the people who like a strong economy - translated as the liberal-saturated media who are looking for any scrap of bad news about the administration to print even if it's false - are busy scratching their heads because tax revenues recently collected - get this - FROM BUSINESSES AND WORKING INDIVIDUALS were so far above expectations, it boggled their collective, hate-filled, tiny, little brains.

beside - is there anyone who DOESN'T like a strong economy? i've yet to meet anyone who tells me they wish the economy would take a nose dive so they'd be cast into poverty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter
Um .. well .. you did. Obviously, you're allowed to change your mind. I still don't hate your government though.
i've never said i hated my government. i don't trust politicians but that's not the same as hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter
No disrespect intended at all, was there?
no, peter - there really was no disrespect intended. let's say america and england are analogous to apples and oranges, respectively. if an orange leans over and says, "hey, apple - i think you should do blah and blah and blah in order to live your life" - the apple most likely would laugh and perhaps tell it to mind its own business. after all, the orange has its own tree to care for.

it's not disrespect, peter. it's perspective.
edible_eye is offline   Reply With Quote