View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 01:01 PM   #31
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
the people who like a strong economy - translated as the liberal-saturated media who are looking for any scrap of bad news about the administration to print even if it's false - are busy scratching their heads because tax revenues recently collected - get this - FROM BUSINESSES AND WORKING INDIVIDUALS were so far above expectations, it boggled their collective, hate-filled, tiny, little brains.

beside - is there anyone who DOESN'T like a strong economy? i've yet to meet anyone who tells me they wish the economy would take a nose dive so they'd be cast into poverty.
I've yet to meet anyone that wants to give their sovereignty to the UN. Funny, huh?

And Liberal media?, erm ... no. Just no. Seriously. No.

Quote:
i've never said i hated my government. i don't trust politicians but that's not the same as hate.
No, you said hating your government is the same as hating your country, then you changed your mind, which is fair enough.

Quote:
no, peter - there really was no disrespect intended. let's say america and england are analogous to apples and oranges, respectively. if an orange leans over and says, "hey, apple - i think you should do blah and blah and blah in order to live your life" - the apple most likely would laugh and perhaps tell it to mind its own business. after all, the orange has its own tree to care for.

it's not disrespect, peter. it's perspective.
Erm, no, it's disrespect, I'm not giving your country advice or tell you how you should live, you just don't like the fact that I don't agree with you and since you can't go the "You hate America" route you're trying something else.
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote