View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 10:28 PM   #153
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic.net View Post
Asking someone to tone it down in some minor token ways and explaining why, in public, is transparency. Private messaging someone where nobody can see is not transparency.
Transparency is letting us know why things are happening the way that they are instead of you simply sending out decrees. You know that I am not one to lash out at the administration so I hope you know that this is coming from my desire for the boards to remain enjoyable and that I do not intend for any of this to be viewed in an aggressive manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic.net View Post
"knowing how he tends to act" is kind of the point. It's not about some mildly problematic subtitle, it's about testing Albert Mond's trollishness with a simple request that was predictably going to be made into a federal case of discrimination and personal vendetta and all sorts of histrionic over dramatics, and he won that badge with flying colors. I'm not mad about it, it's just disappointing. The underlying question was are you a troll or are you a good citizen of this site. Albert chose the troll path.
I doubt very much that the majority of gnetters would have reacted well to being asked in a thread to change their user title. In a tread it amounts to being called out, something that most people react to in a defensive manner, leading them to lash out, if asked via pm then there is no reason to get defensive about it and there is no reason for grandstanding. If you had pmed Mond and then he had brought it out onto the boards then you could have been assured that he is seeking to cause problems and draw attention to himself.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote