View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
Marie

Scarymovigrl (aka Marie)

Hello Everyone!

If you all can't already tell, I am new to this site and to goth in general. My name's Molly, but I prefer the name of the infamous doomed French queen. I've been attracted to the gothic subculture since I was about maybe eleven or twelve. I haven't really actually considered becoming goth until about a few months ago. So I'm a gothicvirgin...
About me. I go to an all girl Catholic High School in New York. My favorite subjects in school are art, history (more so global), and French. I love to read existentially and enjoy writing poetry. I would have to say that my favorite author is Edgar Allan Poe. His works have inspired me to write again (something I've put off doing for a long time now).
I love horror movies, especially the old ones like Freaks and Nosferatu. Weddings and funerals...well, anything by Mozart (my dirty little secret).
I've never really thought about how I would die. Personally, I just want to live my life and not think about it. But if I had to...maybe in my sleep or something totally dramatic like dying to be with a long lost love.
My favorite outfit would have to be two sheer dresses (one with a little pink lace) that I put over a black tank and tights and pair it with my combat boots (or if we are going to see family, black ballet flats).
My favorite band would have to be Evanescence. I also like Dead Rose Symphony, Three Days Grace, Rob Zombie, as well as the Grateful Dead and Bob Marley (I know, most--actually, I believe all--are not goth at all. Any people with good music taste, please let me know!).
I joined this site because...well, I feel kinda like an outcast, even with my friends. I love them to death but we have very different tastes in movies, music, and life in general. I want to meet and connect with people like myself. I think I have found a place where I might belong...
If anyone has advice for me about the being goth (friend and family related, fashion, music, etc.), my AIM is scarymovigrl.
Adieu,
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote