View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #9
Solumina

Yeah they keep the service members paid but the people who make up our support staff are getting furloughed. Jake's teaching team was already stretched thin, god only knows what they are going to do now. Thankfully his class is so close to the end that the teachers are mainly there to just guide discussions, but I honestly don't know what this will do to classes earlier in the program.

Another problem that is oh so fun is that whole departments are shutting down. Jake should be able to get an Associates in Mandarin but the department he has to go through is closed, if it doesn't reopen before we leave here he may not be able to get that degree. We also can't access his orders because the website that he is supposed to access them on is down so we don't know what his orders are. We know where he will be going and what his job will be but we are only guessing what his report date will be and we can't start paperwork for the move without the actual orders (and the office that processes the move has a bunch of people on furlough so even if we had the orders it would take longer than normal for them to be processed).

I could keep ranting about stuff pertaining directly to us and I could go off on a whole rant about how fucking costly this shit is and the utter shame our government should feel for closing our parks and monuments but I don't have the energy.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote