View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
AshleyO

I just don't know anymore...

So the RNC went down and Ron Paul was kicked out (for being honest about his positions and his intent and not endorsing Romney) if the sources can be trusted.

But it's unsettling. A lot of people seem to think that just because this dude had some kind of consistency and he was anti-war and many were convinced that he was honest, they latched on to him like he was some kind of fucking messiah.

A couple of things that I've noticed about the US lately from all this hubbub crap.

It is clear that the US people are aching for a candidate that's honest and a straight shooter. I think the US people have accepted that their government is based on lies and deception and now you get this ONE extreme far right candidate who can give you a whole lot of truth and not apologize for his stances and people are ready to blow him.

So where are the honest candidates of the other side of the spectrum? Where is the honest Marxist or Communist candidate who would also not fold to Democrat or Republican demands? It's not that I'm saying there aren't any; it's just that I'm saying there doesn't seem to be many popular ones. Just recently I heard about Jill Stein and apparently we agree on a lot of issues. But I've never heard of this woman before until a couple of days ago.

So I guess I'm just wondering how an extreme right candidate like Ron Paul became so popular but there doesn't seem to be a popular leftist underdog.

I can't help but pull this every time or at least see the Ron Paul popularity in this way, but it seems like his fan base is essentially privileged middle class to upper class white males. Sometimes I think Ron Paul seems to resonate with the privileged youth and the poor who don't understand how our government works/is supposed to work for them.

I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say, but that I find the whole issue of what happened at the RNC and the cultrage of Ron Paul supporters to be disheartening.

What the hell is wrong with this country?

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote