Thread: Black Sabbath
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 09:07 PM   #14
1TOOMANY

Sabbath was goth before goth was even considered a genre of music. Coming out of an era that was all about love and peace, talk about blowing fucking minds. You have them to thank for just about every band heavy band you hear today. Talk about rebelious and way ahead of their time. Don't get me wrong there were a small handful of other rebelious bands at that time (MC5 being one of them). But nobody as evil as Sabbath. Go head pick up any of your heavier cd's you have at home regardless of genre and there's a good chance Sabbath already wrote that riff 20 some years ago before. I don't think any band is going to have that big of an impact on the music industry like sabbath did (as far as heavy music goes). Since everything you hear now has been recycled 100 times over, regurtitated back up, eaten again, shit out and repackaged into a cd case. I'm not saying they're the only band that paved the way for heavy music. But if they're not who is? There are others who have definatley given a hand. But as far as beating bands to the punch with dark eerie, evil, heavy ass guitar driven dumptruck loads of hell they are the fucking pioneers!