View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #59
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
@Jack

It has everything to do with poverty. Severe cuts, college fees, etc. are now being enacted and are hitting the most vulnerable in society, at the same time banks are continuing to get huge payouts. There are no jobs, there is no college now, and there is basically, to quote Johnny Rotten, NO FUTURE for a large chunk of the population. Just because you can spend £100 on a new phone does not mean you are rich. You don't have to be missing meals, living under a bridge to be considered living in poverty.
And the best way to make a statement is to shit all over your own community and burn it to the ground? I would have understood it if they had burned down Knightsbridge or Notting Hill . But no, they set fire to the place they live in. I don't know, but to me that just sounds like the most retarded fucking thing to do. Yes, uni fees and expenses cuts might be hitting the most vulnerable in society, but when there were protests held about the exact same matters, you can't exactly say that the same crowd were out with banners protesting and shit, can you?