View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 07:43 PM   #93
ExistentialDisorder

Bullshit. You're so full of shit stone that, and I'll quote, 'I never believed the devil was real, but god couldn't make something filthy as you.'

Don't bother wasting your time with your pathetic, word twisting comments on anything I say from now on, as from this point forward I dismiss and ignore you and your pathetic, pointless babble.

As for everybody else, I have to ask is Intelligent Design not the same as Creationism? I've always thought they were one in the same, as has everything I've heard suggests they are, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I admit, I do not specifically recall the phrase Intelligent Design ever being used when I was in high school. I used it here in reference to Creationism, but if ID and Creationism are in fact different, then I was wrong and I appologize for the confusion.

Regardless of what you call it, Creationism, Intelligent Design, whatever, it is nothing more than a theory. And yes, I know very well what the definition of theory is.

The same goes for evolution, at least that which pertains to modern man. It is nothing more than a theory. Nobody has proven beyond a doubt that man evolved from apes.

When I spoke of evolution vs ID/Creationism I assumed everybody knew that it was in relation to humans. Forgive me for assuming anything.

And as for the theory I described in my 2nd post in this thread, it had nothing to do with hatred towards christians (which does not exist in me, regardless of what anybody else chooses to believe, or tries to persuade others into believing of me. I can strongly detest what it is they try to force down my throat on a daily basis, but that does not mean that I hate them as people).

I'm not the only person that believes it is possible that humans came about by direct manipulation of some outside source or sources. That doesn't mean it was done by god or gods. I don't see it being relavent to religion because I don't believe that humans are the most intelligent beings in the universe. There are quite possibly and probably other much more advanced civilizations out there. To believe that humans are the most intelligent beings is arrogant and narrow-minded. But a much more advanced race and level of intelligence does not make them gods.

There was a movie a while back called Contact with Jodi Foster. I'm sure that at least some of you are familiar with it. For the most part it was rather boring, except the part when she actually communicated with whatever being it was. Durring their brief conversation it tried to explain to her that the human mind is still too primitive to ever be able to comprehend, even visually, the physical existence of their race. (that is, the race of the being she was communicating with). Therefore it manifested itself visually in the form of her father. That, to me, was incredible because it was very close to what my idea of a god-like being has always been. Just multiply it by about a million times.

And if you consider the process of time, and the various ideas on how time passes, whose to say our creation or creator(s) do not come from our very distant future? You can drive yourself to near insanity trying to comprehend the way time passes and its cycle. I do believe that time travels on a cycle and is eventually repeated.

I don't believe the actions that take place by god's doing in the bible were committed all by the same god. There's too much rath and vengeance, and a god would not be capable of such things, simply because they are primitive acts by nature and are rooted in emotion. At least not based on the concept of a god as I see it.

Anyway, that is just a sample of how I perceive it all. I don't claim that it is right or set in stone, or that there are no other options. I could go on but you've all made it rather clear that alternate opinions, especially those that conflict with your own, are not welcome here and you could give a shit less. So go ahead and tear it all apart with your criticisms. It won't matter, and it it won't change how I feel or think on the subject. I benefit nothing from your beliefs or your opinions of me. I only offer my ideas and opinions as possible options to the open-minded. And if the fact that I don't believe Jesus was a god condems me to hell - which I also don't believe in - then so be it. I'll go there with contentment and pride in the simple fact that I didn't allow the beliefs of others to oppress my own beliefs or to take away my freedom of thought and reason.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
ExistentialDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote