View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004, 05:23 PM   #141
MorganScorpion

The last movie I watched was "Gosford Park" again, but as I mentioned it earlier in this thread I'll mention the second to last movie I watched: "People I know".

It was one of those days at the video shop when almost everything I wanted to watch was out, or I had seen it many times before. Then I saw "People I know" with Al Pacino on the shelf, read that it was a thriller, and decided I might as well give it a go.

I mean, theres fuck all on tv any more.

Well, it isn't really a thriler at all, in spite of what the blurb says. Its more a story of a tired middle-aged man who wants to do the right thing but is so strung out on drugs that he just cant get his shit together. Al Pacino portrays a character of such incredible vulnerability that its impossible not to love him, even if he is drugged out of his tree for much of the movie. In my opinion its the best performance I've ever seen him give: right up there with Harvey Keitel in "The Bad Lieutenant".

One other thing about this video that I truly love is that it goes straight into the movie without any trailers or adverts beforehand.
MorganScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote