View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #65
Versus

Alan, those tough choices you were talking about are a staple, but also aren't at the same time. You have to understand that Bethesda didn't start Fallout, and that New Vegas and Fallout 3 are kind of their homage to the previous titles. I love their versions of it, but they're not exactly the same.

For example, Fallout 1 and 2 were essentially like Bioware's Knights of the Old Republic games in that they were pretty much two dimensional in terms of moral alignment. Fallout 3 and New Vegas greatly expand upon the gray areas of your decisions. It's hard not to see from each faction's perspective in New Vegas, especially.

Really, though, Fallout has never been about a player's decisions in that respect. I think their flavor comes in the presentation. Try not to look at your ending, but the things that brought you there.

Quote:
I hope several of you start buying it to discuss the different paths we took. I'm pretty sure they'll say a lot about the type of people we are.
As far as New Vegas, I really like that it has a greater western influence. I was able to live my Spaghetti Western fantasy very briefly. Clint Eastwood's "The Man With No Name" remains one of my favorite personalities.

Also, Tailor Maid for New Vegas has been released. I'll be running through as Mad Max next time.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote